Web lists-archives.com

Re: Safe To Stay With 56.0.2 ?

On 3/12/18 6:18 AM, PietB wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
PietB wrote:
Quoting from the given article about Pale Moon:

- "The older code also omits features that help make modern browsers so secure, like
    the multi-process sandboxing features that have finally arrived in Firefox Quantum."
For how many users is that *really* important in everyday life?
Precisely my point. Users are more concerned with extensions than security.
And thanks to your highly selective quoting you completely missed or chose
to ignore my point.
How many users do know about security? About 0.0001%, I guess. All the rest
cares about usability and stability. That comprises more, *much* more than
only extensions. It comprises such things as *very infrequent* changes in UI,
backward compatibility, new bells and whistles with a *major* release only,
etc. etc. In other words: they want the makers to be conservative.
FF simply doesn't meet such criteria. Whether that's due to or despite of
the "thousands" of people working on it remains to be seen. But for sure
it's chasing people away from FF and to more conservative browsers. From
a security point of view less than ideal, but not a pain in the ass.

-p

Okay

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs