Web lists-archives.com

Re: Building Firefox for Windows

Em 06-03-2018 22:12, Kavishka Karunasinghe escreveu:
 I use windows , and when building Firefox for windows Getting the source
step it is said that

Add the line

export PATH=$PATH:~/.cargo/bin

to one of ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login, or ~/.profile.

So I add it as

export PATH=$PATH:~/.cargo/bin >>~/.bash_profile

 Is it the correct way to do it ?

No, it is wrong. The command

export PATH=$PATH:~/.cargo/bin  >> ~/.bash_profile

is not doing what you are thinking!! Do not execute commands you are not sure how they work. You may do very bad things with them!

Do not worry about editing those files with you preferred text editor! Beyound adding the *exact* line to your .bash_profile (your choice of file), also add a comment above it explaining why it is there, and what it does.

For example, put these two lines in your .bash_profile:

# This directory is needed to build Firefox for Windows
export PATH=$PATH:~/.cargo/bin

Open the .bash_profile in any text editor you want, add the two lines to its end, save, and close it. If the terminal you are using to build FF it already open when you do that change, you need to close it and open again (.bash_profile is only read when you open a new session.

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: