Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird: Why is there an eye for this message in my message list?

Em 04-03-2018 22:23, Grant Taylor escreveu:
On 03/04/2018 05:28 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Exactly! That is it! I found that option in the right mouse button
menu, both for newsgroup and mail messages. I removed the eye (or the
option, if you prefer to say like that) in those two messages. What TB
does with that data?

I don't know that Thunderbird does (as in processes) anything with that

I mark threads that I'm interested in as watched.  That way I can
quickly skim newsgroups and if there is a not-new thread (collapsed)
with unread messages and it's watched, I know that I'm interested in it.
 If the not-new thread (collapsed) doesn't have a watch / eye, then I
know that I'm not interested in the thread and can ignore it.

I also have rules in place that mark any threads with messages from me
as watched.  -  I figure that if I'm interested enough to reply to a
thread, then I'd probably like to see other replies to it too.

A new question: but how can an email arrive with that thing? It is
something that we can send to other people? How? (I found no such
option in this composing TB window) What effect will that option
usually have in who receives messages with it?

No, I believe the watched (or not) setting is purely client side.  -  If
you repair a folder, all watched indicators disappear.

Ok, then. Thank you very much for all you have said.

       quem você é?
       to show who you are?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
  2.b. You may do it here: