Web lists-archives.com

Re: Text color/blink in 'search' function (Quantum)

On 02/27/2018 01:55 PM, Rav wrote:
On 2/27/2018 2:00 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
When I use control-u I want to be able to find words in context. Right
now the results appear in light green on a white background -- nearly
invisible in a page of text -- which changes to white on a light blue
text background.. Is there some way to make the found text blink in a
chosen color to make it really easy to find?

I'm kind of desperate here...

You can use the ui.textSelectBackgroundAttention preference in
about:config.  If it's not already there, add it as a new String.  It's
value is the hex color of the background of the found text.  For
example, setting it to #FF0000 makes the found text white on a red
background.  You can play with the color, of course. I don't think
there's any way to do blinking though; at least, I don't know of any.

Note that this will not only affect what you see when viewing source
(Ctrl+U), but will also affect what you see when searching in mail/news
messages themselves.

That's fine, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

  From Googling, there also appear to be other text selection color
preferences, but I haven't investigated them:

ui.textSelectBackground
ui.textSelectBackgroundDisabled
ui.textSelectForeground
ui.textBackground
ui.textForeground
ui.textHighlightBackground
ui.textHighlightForeground

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "We've got some stupid people out there. This morning, I woke