Web lists-archives.com

Re: Text color/blink in 'search' function (Quantum)

On 2/27/2018 2:00 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
When I use control-u I want to be able to find words in context. Right now the results appear in light green on a white background -- nearly invisible in a page of text -- which changes to white on a light blue text background.. Is there some way to make the found text blink in a chosen color to make it really easy to find?

I'm kind of desperate here...

You can use the ui.textSelectBackgroundAttention preference in about:config. If it's not already there, add it as a new String. It's value is the hex color of the background of the found text. For example, setting it to #FF0000 makes the found text white on a red background. You can play with the color, of course. I don't think there's any way to do blinking though; at least, I don't know of any.

Note that this will not only affect what you see when viewing source (Ctrl+U), but will also affect what you see when searching in mail/news messages themselves.

From Googling, there also appear to be other text selection color preferences, but I haven't investigated them:

ui.textSelectBackground
ui.textSelectBackgroundDisabled
ui.textSelectForeground