Web lists-archives.com

Re: Goodbye FireFox

On 02/12/2018 12:52 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 12-02-2018 15:25, Michael Gordon escreveu:
On 2/12/2018 8:14 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 02/12/2018 11:02 AM, Michael Gordon wrote:
On 2/12/2018 4:27 AM, Daniel wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
On 2/11/2018 3:47 PM, Endegee wrote:
On 11-Feb-2018 18:37, Ray_Net wrote:
PietB wrote on 11-02-18 10:48:

Cute. You must be doing something wrong then. Or "as far I know" is
a bit off-reality. My PaleMoon plays Youtube videos without a
hitch,
upto 1080p. And yes, it is able to do other things as well.
Actually
very well indeed.

If you go to https://tv.youtube.com/watch/-DTcV92Kuvs
 the page tells you you must use Chrome to view the YouTube video
selections.  This is the YouTube TV section.

Can you play those with your PaleMoon ?

You need to create an account to access that Youtube TV  crap. No
thank you.

The choice is yours to select or not!
The prompt you see tells you that Palemoon cannot render the YouTube
content.
If it could you would see a prompt to create an account with YouTube
instead.

Weather the YouTube.tv is crap content or not is a personal opinion.
   From where I am located, the apartment building signed a contract
with Time-Warner to install cable TV for all the apartments, this is
an exclusive contract which is now owned by Spectrum TV.

When Spectrum took control of the digital delivery the cost of TV +
Internet jumped up from $98.00US per month to $129.00US per month.
Using only the internet connection and YouTube for national broadcasts
and a few others the monthly bill is $69.00US per month.  That is not
crap, that is money saved in my pocket.

Is it possible to set the Palemoon UA to something that youtubetv might
accept as Chrome??

Daniel,

I tried setting the UA to something else.
Chrome is listed, but YouTube is looking for something more specific,
perhaps the most current version.

You can try this one;
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36

Sorry Carver,
That string produces the same page reply as before, Use Chrome to view
YouTube movies.

There must be something else it is checking. Please try to find out why
the different UA is not giving the logical and expected results.

I think that

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/

is a very good place to find an answer for this. Copying this full
message (including all quoted above this) there would show some
important details. But you did not say your browser details - they
should *not* be crucial to repeat the problem, since the solution should
works in several different things, but there are different limits they
need to satisfy.

I doubt that this is Linux problem.

--
Caver1