Web lists-archives.com

Re: Goodbye FireFox

On 02/12/2018 12:10 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:01:12 -0500, Caver1 <caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 10/02/2018 05:58 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
On 10/02/2018 2:24 PM, Luis wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
Dear developers, managers, and programmers of Firefox Browser,

I have been a loyal user of the product all the way back to Netscape
Navigator 2.0.  I have followed the various revisions of the once
super suite of applications into the split apart applications.  I have
expressed my displeasure on the path to improvements you and your
predecessors have taken in the name of security improvements.  Over
the decades your improvements may have increased security, but at the
cost of productivity.
I have found a web browser that is faster and lighter than Firefox,
and that allows me to use the productivity tools I have been using
over the past 10 years.  That, folks, is productivity on a daily basis.

I wish much success for all who have worked on the FireFox project,
let it be known that the days of Firefox may be numbered as active
users decrease.

Sincerely,
Michael Gordon
   From the days of Netscape Navigator 2.0.
Now a new user of PaleMoon.
I took the same decision as soon as Mozilla started flirting Google.
Then I switched my default browser to Opera and at this time Firefox is
my third browser.  But why did you decide to use Palemoon? IMHO there
are other better browsers like Yandex, Brave, Vivaldi, Basilisk and of
course Epic and Tor for privacy. As far as I know at this moment
Palemoon is unable to render Youtube videos among other things.

Luis,

I selected PaleMoon because of two prime requirements. 1. It had to be
as fast and robust as FF had been several years ago.
2. I had to transfer my bookmarks, passwords and be able to use the
ad-ons I have used for work productivity.

I also selected PaleMoon because of the many happy users of this browser
and the several hundred of former FF users who have left.

I don't worry about PaleMoon not rendering YouTube videos, I have Chrome
for that purpose only.  PaleMoon renders videos coded for HTML5 just fine.

The next iteration of ThunderBird killing all my tools, ad-ons, and
productivity was the final straw that broke this camel's back.

Michael G

I don't understand why you need Chrome for Youtube? Firefox and Palemoon
show them just fine.

With ten four fox I can play full screen video on my Apple Ibook G4.

And that's something specific to those two?

--
Caver1