Web lists-archives.com

There is something wrong with *you* (was Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software)

Em 10-02-2018 18:20, The Real Bev escreveu:
On 02/10/2018 11:32 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 10-02-2018 17:19, The Real Bev escreveu:
On 02/10/2018 01:33 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
<tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/2/2018, 12:44:57 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Tanstaafl >>> <tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/2/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

You mean like browse the web?

Browse without it freezing and without it complaining that a script
has stopped working.

My bitch is the number of videos that no longer play, requiring me to
use Chrome -- which I find distasteful.

I do not know anything that will work only in that bad browser, except
the Flash plugin based things (which are certainly not the case because
these can be played in FF if the plugin is installed). Can you give me
an example of a video that does not work in FF?

All Facebook and CNN videos.  Many other news videos.  Youtube works.
I've downloaded a number of FF extensions for facebook (older versions
of FF, same problem) that deal with videos, but NOTHING works.  I
thought that html5 was supposed to solve problems like these, but I had
no problems with anything back in FF 40+ days :-(

I have seen several FB videos using my FF ESR 52.2.0, which I have installed months ago!

To test CNN, I just opened the site cnn.com, and searched around for a video to watch. It worked normally! The video I have seen, and it included a comercial before the actual video, is:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/01/27/van-jones-opening-monologue-trump-presidency-sot.cnn/video/playlists/the-van-jones-show/

There is something wrong with *you*! The only thing I needed to have enabled for the CNN video working is javascript - without it, they were just some static images with a few things in front of them. that hint us they are videos.