Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

On 2/11/18 12:08 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/11/2018 07:23 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 2/10/2018 4:13 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/10/2018 1:32 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 10-02-2018 17:19, The Real Bev escreveu:
On 02/10/2018 01:33 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
<tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/2/2018, 12:44:57 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Tanstaafl >>> <tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/2/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

You mean like browse the web?

Browse without it freezing and without it complaining that a script
has stopped working.

My bitch is the number of videos that no longer play, requiring me to
use Chrome -- which I find distasteful.

I do not know anything that will work only in that bad browser, except
the Flash plugin based things (which are certainly not the case
because these can be played in FF if the plugin is installed). Can you
give me an example of a video that does not work in FF?

CNET!  ALL OF THEM.

On Windows10 I had the Tracking Protection in Firefox 58.0.2 set to
"Always". That prevented some CNET videos from playing.

Changing the setting to "Only in private windows" fixed that problem.

As a test, I set "media.autoplay.enabled" to "false". That prevented all
CNET videos from playing. So if you have that setting, I would suggest
resetting it to "true".

CRAP!  It was already set to true :-(

Same lack of performance in the virgin installation/profile, although I didn't check the autoplay setting in that when I had it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/58.0 ID:20180206200532

How do you generate that?

With this extension.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/

For older versions of Firefox, SeaMonkey and Thunderbird the user would need version 3.10.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/versions/

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>