Web lists-archives.com

Re: Goodbye FireFox

On 02/11/2018 02:41 AM, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 2/10/2018 9:12 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/10/2018 2:13 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
Dear developers, managers, and programmers of Firefox Browser,

I have been a loyal user of the product all the way back to Netscape
Navigator 2.0.  I have followed the various revisions of the once
super suite of applications into the split apart applications.  I have
expressed my displeasure on the path to improvements you and your
predecessors have taken in the name of security improvements.  Over
the decades your improvements may have increased security, but at the
cost of productivity.
I have found a web browser that is faster and lighter than Firefox,
and that allows me to use the productivity tools I have been using
over the past 10 years.  That, folks, is productivity on a daily basis.

I wish much success for all who have worked on the FireFox project,
let it be known that the days of Firefox may be numbered as active
users decrease.

Sincerely,
Michael Gordon
  From the days of Netscape Navigator 2.0.
Now a new user of PaleMoon.

I have been using Waterfox for a couple of weeks now, and I am more than
happy with it.  When Firefox decided to toss out the extensions, that
was the end of the line.

It's okay for those of us who just want a browser.

I did read that sometime in the future that Waterfox is going to WebExtensions.
It did say that the Waterfox devs didn't give a timeline.

--
Caver1