Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

On 2/10/18 5:02 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/10/2018 01:11 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
The Real Bev wrote on 10-02-18 21:20:
On 02/10/2018 11:32 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 10-02-2018 17:19, The Real Bev escreveu:
On 02/10/2018 01:33 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
<tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/2/2018, 12:44:57 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Tanstaafl >>> <tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/2/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

You mean like browse the web?

Browse without it freezing and without it complaining that a script
has stopped working.

My bitch is the number of videos that no longer play, requiring me to
use Chrome -- which I find distasteful.

I do not know anything that will work only in that bad browser, except
the Flash plugin based things (which are certainly not the case because
these can be played in FF if the plugin is installed). Can you give me
an example of a video that does not work in FF?

All Facebook and CNN videos.  Many other news videos.  Youtube works.
I've downloaded a number of FF extensions for facebook (older versions
of FF, same problem) that deal with videos, but NOTHING works.  I
thought that html5 was supposed to solve problems like these, but I
had no problems with anything back in FF 40+ days :-(

That's not an example of a video that does not work in FF?

There is NO facebook or CNN video that FF 58 (or 57 or 52) will play. FF 58/57/52 will not play the videos that facebook and CNN provide. Facebook and CNN videos will NOT play under FF 58/57/52.   Play it.  I don't see how I can answer any more clearly.  This is a *specific* example:
https://www.facebook.com/helen.mcgoldrick.96/videos/1549820488405275/

[Slackware 14.2, in case anybody cares]

Plays just fine here. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0 ID:20180131010234

Firefox Multi-Account Containers 5.0.1
NJS 0.9.5
Nightly Tester Tools 4.0pre20170912
Privacy Badger 2018.2.5 [DISABLED]