Web lists-archives.com

Re: Goodbye FireFox

On 2/10/2018 5:28 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 02/10/2018 07:31 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
On 2/10/2018 4:01 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 02/10/2018 05:58 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
On 2/10/2018 2:24 PM, Luis wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
Dear developers, managers, and programmers of Firefox Browser,

I have been a loyal user of the product all the way back to Netscape
Navigator 2.0.  I have followed the various revisions of the once
super suite of applications into the split apart applications. I have
expressed my displeasure on the path to improvements you and your
predecessors have taken in the name of security improvements.  Over
the decades your improvements may have increased security, but at the
cost of productivity.
I have found a web browser that is faster and lighter than Firefox,
and that allows me to use the productivity tools I have been using
over the past 10 years. That, folks, is productivity on a daily basis.

I wish much success for all who have worked on the FireFox project,
let it be known that the days of Firefox may be numbered as active
users decrease.

Sincerely,
Michael Gordon
   From the days of Netscape Navigator 2.0.
Now a new user of PaleMoon.
I took the same decision as soon as Mozilla started flirting Google.
Then I switched my default browser to Opera and at this time Firefox is
my third browser.  But why did you decide to use Palemoon? IMHO there
are other better browsers like Yandex, Brave, Vivaldi, Basilisk and of
course Epic and Tor for privacy. As far as I know at this moment
Palemoon is unable to render Youtube videos among other things.

Luis,

I selected PaleMoon because of two prime requirements. 1. It had to be
as fast and robust as FF had been several years ago.
2. I had to transfer my bookmarks, passwords and be able to use the
ad-ons I have used for work productivity.

I also selected PaleMoon because of the many happy users of this browser
and the several hundred of former FF users who have left.

I don't worry about PaleMoon not rendering YouTube videos, I have Chrome
for that purpose only.  PaleMoon renders videos coded for HTML5 just
fine.

The next iteration of ThunderBird killing all my tools, ad-ons, and
productivity was the final straw that broke this camel's back.

Michael G

I don't understand why you need Chrome for Youtube? Firefox and Palemoon
show them just fine.

If you go to https://tv.youtube.com/watch/-DTcV92Kuvs
   the page tells you you must use Chrome to view the YouTube video
selections.  This is the YouTube TV section.

If, on the other hand you go to YouTube.com and search for video content
all videos play very well on PaleMoon.

Thanks for the clarification. I do view Youtube videos but don't subscribe to YoutubeTV.
At the same time Youtube TV demanding Chrome is not a Firefox problem.
Maybe spoof the useragent?

Carver,

You are correct in YouTube demanding Chrome not being a Firefox problem, it is a YouTube problem. To create the tv.youtube site they had to climb into bed with Google Chrome because they wanted to Cast from a wireless router to a Chromecast dongle plugged into a digital TV.

In trying to switch the user agent, that did not work either in Firefox.