Web lists-archives.com

Re: Goodbye FireFox

Michael Gordon wrote:
On 2/10/2018 2:24 PM, Luis wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
Dear developers, managers, and programmers of Firefox Browser,

I have been a loyal user of the product all the way back to Netscape Navigator 2.0. I have followed the various revisions of the once super suite of applications into the split apart applications. I have expressed my displeasure on the path to improvements you and your predecessors have taken in the name of security improvements. Over the decades your improvements may have increased security, but at the cost of productivity. I have found a web browser that is faster and lighter than Firefox, and that allows me to use the productivity tools I have been using over the past 10 years. That, folks, is productivity on a daily basis.

I wish much success for all who have worked on the FireFox project, let it be known that the days of Firefox may be numbered as active users decrease.

Sincerely,
Michael Gordon
 From the days of Netscape Navigator 2.0.
Now a new user of PaleMoon.
I took the same decision as soon as Mozilla started flirting Google. Then I switched my default browser to Opera and at this time Firefox is my third browser. But why did you decide to use Palemoon? IMHO there are other better browsers like Yandex, Brave, Vivaldi, Basilisk and of course Epic and Tor for privacy. As far as I know at this moment Palemoon is unable to render Youtube videos among other things.

Luis,

I selected PaleMoon because of two prime requirements. 1. It had to be as fast and robust as FF had been several years ago. 2. I had to transfer my bookmarks, passwords and be able to use the ad-ons I have used for work productivity.

I also selected PaleMoon because of the many happy users of this browser and the several hundred of former FF users who have left.

I don't worry about PaleMoon not rendering YouTube videos, I have Chrome for that purpose only. PaleMoon renders videos coded for HTML5 just fine.

The next iteration of ThunderBird killing all my tools, ad-ons, and productivity was the final straw that broke this camel's back.

Michael G

Michael
Actually I have never used Palemoon. I just was curious to know why did you select PM as your default browser since it is not very well ranked. Your reasons seem reasonable though.