Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

On 02/10/2018 01:33 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
<tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/2/2018, 12:44:57 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Tanstaafl >>> <tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/2/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

You mean like browse the web?

Browse without it freezing and without it complaining that a script
has stopped working.

My bitch is the number of videos that no longer play, requiring me to use Chrome -- which I find distasteful.

I do it all the time. Either you have problematic Addons, some old
manual config changes or other profile related cruft that are causing
you problems, or maybe some bad hardware.

Bottom line, for most of us, Firefox, used intelligently, works just fine.

Firefox is not intelligently designed.

I don't know about that, but it's certainly no longer designed by people whose interests coincide with my own.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "I don't need instructions, I have a hammer."