Web lists-archives.com

Re: Scrollbars in Quantum

On 2018-02-08 00:10, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/07/2018 08:30 PM, B00ze wrote:
On 2018-02-07 03:10, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

B00ze -- Thanks for the link, I'll get to it as soon as possible.  Right
now I'm embroiled in an involuntary kernel update which has resulted in
10 hours of teeth-gnashing and we ain't out of the woods yet :-(

See instructions and files here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/Scrollbars

Cool, no rush, enjoy Spectre/Meltdown protection (I'm guessing...)

My computer is pathological. We bought three identical sets of
components in 2011, of which we have two (linux) and a friend has one
(windows).  Mine has always been strange.  Sometimes in subtle ways,
sometimes in big honking nightmares -- like this kernel upgrade.  Hubby
did it to four machines in minutes. Mine took all day. All I can think
of is that there's some weirdness in the CPU or memory that just makes
stuff inexplicably work wrong. Every damn system update is a trip around
hell.

It IS possible you have some hardware bugs; computers and CPUs are so complex today and the stuff is so small, I'm sure "Lemon" CPUs exist.

And in spite of several changes of monitor and graphics card, white is
always a pale cream color rather than white.  You'll have to take my
word for it that xmag sees this color as ffff ffff ffff, although it
sees it differently when I look at the new sample.

http://imgbox.com/rapyNKyI

Looks white to me. Could be color correction in the OS; i.e. you change the hardware, but Linux keeps correcting the color. have you tried different ICC profiles? Not sure how this works in Linux, but I use a custom ICC in Window, I grabbed it from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk.

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  "But, I *DO* know everything!" -Q