Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

On 2/8/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <jbbrus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Desiree wrote on 7/2/2018 1:17 AM:
>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>> latest 64 bit FF versions.

I think you meant processes instead of tabs? I very  much dislike having
a process for each, so I'll give this a whirl.

> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.
You mean like browse the web? Pity you don't know how to use a web
browser - but its never too late to learn!

In all seriousness, your problems are not being caused by the browser,
they are being caused by something you are doing - a bad Addon, bad
config mods (possibly from older versions) or other corruption in your
profile.

The new version is really solid by itself, I just wish they would
provide a lot more in terms of the web extensions API so that the
majority of the features of CTR, TMP, TST and my other favorite Addons
were able to be implemented.