Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:38:39 -0800 (PST), pierre.courtois@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all
>other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It
>speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a
>"safer" alternative to the opposition.

That was until they disabled adons.

>But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource
>hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn
>many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for
>more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a
>crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the
>processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many
>processes.

When Firefox stops responding I close it with task manager.

>Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable
>alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece
>of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a
>restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at
>alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Every update made it worse. I had to uninstall 57 and go back to 56.
I set 56 to never update but Mozilla keeps sending messages telling
me to update. It seems they don't want people using older and better
versions.