Web lists-archives.com

Re: Why does Windows use 60% of my CPU with no programs running

On 1/31/2018 10:01 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
No Firefox, no Thunderbird, nothing but Windows just sitting there looking pretty on the desktop.

I forget how much RAM the Task Manager said it was using.

Walt,

If your Task Manager says nothing is running look at the Performance to seer if anything is really going on. Then click the Resource Monitor button.

Usually, if nothing is really running in the background a resources hog can be the Windows registry. It needs to be cleaned, or reloaded once in a while if you use the Windows program uninstaller.

MichaelG