Web lists-archives.com

Re: The Many Faces (And Names) of Mozilla

On 1/21/2018 12:15 AM, Daniel wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 1/20/2018 12:26 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
That was a time of very interesting history, the Netscape Navigator, to Netscape Communicator, to Mozilla Suite, and the split into three related offspring, Thunderbird, and Firefox.  I began my Internet experience with Netscape Navigator.

Along the way we had a great deal of fun with the Communicator series with very vivid e-mail exchanges, see the attachment for an example.

I started with Netscape v2 IIRC when I was in college. :)

You late comer, Ant. When I signed up with my ISP (about 1996), he gave me a copy of NN 0.9!

You know. I might have used v0.9 briefly in Azusa Pacific University's Computer Science's UNIX lab PC.
--
"Maybe it's like an ant hive..." "Bees man, bees have hives." "You know what I mean. It's like one female that runs the whole show." "Yes, the queen." "Yeah the mamma. She is bad*ss, man. I mean big." "These things ain't ants estupido." "I know that." --Aliens movie Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\           Ant(Dude) @ Personal Web Site http://antfarm.ma.cx
 | |o   o| |          If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
    \ _ /              Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
     ( )