Web lists-archives.com

Re: The Many Faces (And Names) of Mozilla

On 1/22/2018 6:44 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 01/22/2018 03:19 AM, Daniel wrote:
Wolf K wrote:

<Snip>

People who kvetch about browsers should be forced to go back to
pre-browser times, just to get an idea of how good they have it.

For me it's people who bitch about how slow their current-day computers
are!! Try an 8086 CPU with a 4.7 MHz (yes, MHz) clock!! Or an Apple IIE
clone!

Switch on your computer, go make yourself a cup of Tea and then go out
to Dinner and come back and the computer might have booted ... well,
almost!! ;-)

I remember when I got my first computer. It was a Tandy 25MHz. A couple of my computer geek nephews came over and they couldn't believe how blazingly fast my computer was.

Ahh, the old days of computing. http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/toys.html for my past. :P

Did you watch last week's Young Sheldon S1E12? It had Tandy PC from Radio Shack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYr3l6rLffc for the episode's beginning. http://www.cbs.com/shows/young-sheldon/video/S_ft1wDeyvydHoQMizE7iablVG6DDoe6/young-sheldon-a-computer-a-plastic-pony-and-a-case-of-beer/ for the whole episode. ;)
--
"To conquer the world, we must be as meticulous and calculating as a colony of ants on the march." --Julius Caesar Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\           Ant(Dude) @ Personal Web Site http://antfarm.ma.cx
 | |o   o| |          If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
    \ _ /              Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
     ( )