Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla is evil!

On 2018-01-23 12:31, NFN Smith wrote:
Tanstaafl wrote:
On Mon Jan 22 2018 23:24:31 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Lucifer
Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Like many others I had to revert back to 56 and set it
to never update since 57 is mostly unusable.

Unusable because the change of UI and extension API, or that you found 57 to not work well for you? If the latter, that's something that happens to some number of people with nearly update -- however, my experience is that problems following upgrades are nearly always related to the individual user profile (i.e., a data problem) than any thing more general to Firefox. Personally, I maintain a separate user profile that is almost entirely default settings, and if I'm having problems, I will restart Firefox with that profile. I can't remember a time when checking things with that profile has had problems.
[etc]

Almost as frequent an issue is obsolescent hardware and/or OS

Judging from the plaintive pleas for help from people who are still running on Windows XP or Vista, or some rare and quirky Linux distro.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com