Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Thunderbird "Look" Survey

On Wed Jan 17 2018 23:30:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
<B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2018-01-17 09:18, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One thing I just don't understand is all the hubbub...
>
> It's important for us to give feedback, hence I posted the survey here...

Don't misunderstand, I wasn't criticizing you for posting the survey,
I'm criticizing people for freaking out yelling the sky is falling just
because someone creates a new theme.

>> It is just a THEME, for chrissake, it is NOT a 'new interface', unless
>> you consider it in that context.

> Yes, it's just a theme, but it will become the default and then maybe
> the ONLY one, one day.

Very doubtful... but possible I guess.

> I think maybe what's important is that when they reprogram TB, they
> provide a full-theme API; screw Firefox and its "no theme allowed"
> mentality.

Well, since this is only a Theme, obviously anyone can still change it,
or write their own from scratch. But it would obviously be easy (for
someone who knows how) to just pick up the current default Theme, and
maintain it as an alternate.