Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Thunderbird "Look" Survey

On 2018-01-17 11:55, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/16/2018 10:22 PM, B00ze wrote:
Good day.

Well, maybe you'll like it, or maybe you are like me and prefer the old
interface (the older the better, TB2 looked real good). Tell Thunderbird
what you think:

I liked Netscape. I had a nice mottled background for the message pane
that made the text stand out attractively.  TB is fine just the way it
is. Making it ugly isn't going to attract more users.

I love TB2; I think it's the best iconography it's ever had. Next is TB3. Way down the list is now, where everything is grey and ugly and hard to spot. With color I do not have to decode the graphics, the color is enough to tell me which button is which; your brain processes that a million times faster than black and white icons. That gives you an idea of how "brilliant" Apple and Google are (and Microsoft following) making all their icons the same single color - you have to "read" them every single time you use them, you can't just go by color.

Yup, TB is very fine the way it is. It's a professional tool, not a toy. They feel that the current look is not professional enough, or exiting enough, or whatnot. Target audience is unknown to me, certainly not people who use TB for hours every day. Besides, there is already an alternative for people who want to use it differently, it is called PostBox.

https://www.monterail.com/blog/thunderbird-new-interface-redesign-survey

Personally, I think the message list in the screenshot is so spaced-out
it will be useless; the calendar "gauge" is just confusing, and I'm not
a big fan of the dark folder list. It looks a bit like one of
Microsoft's crap Apps that come with Windows 10.

Everything has too much white space. Moreover, they should have had a
big GO TO SURVEY button.

Yeah, I think so too; probably aimed at touch screens - they are a curse!

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.