Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Thunderbird "Look" Survey

On 01/17/2018 12:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/17/18 1:20 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/17/2018 09:06 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/17/18 11:55 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/16/2018 10:22 PM, B00ze wrote:
Good day.

Well, maybe you'll like it, or maybe you are like me and
prefer the old interface (the older the better, TB2 looked
real good). Tell Thunderbird what you think:

I liked Netscape.  I had a nice mottled background for the
message pane that made the text stand out attractively.  TB is
fine just the way it is.  Making it ugly isn't going to attract
more users.

https://www.monterail.com/blog/thunderbird-new-interface-redesign-survey

Personally, I think the message list in the screenshot is so
spaced-out it will be useless; the calendar "gauge" is just
confusing, and I'm not a big fan of the dark folder list. It
looks a bit like one of Microsoft's crap Apps that come with
Windows 10.

Everything has too much white space.  Moreover, they should
have had a big GO TO SURVEY button.

How big do you want it?

https://screenshots.firefox.com/5nU2gx0MLVkwgPB8/www.monterail.com

I didn't see that anywhere.  I saw a number of boxes saying "This
wouldn't load" or equivalent.  Ultimately I clicked on the red
text survey link.  Perhaps you need a newer version of FF than
52ESR/linux. A LOT of shit doesn't work with 52ESR/linux.  Or
57/linux.

It does if you don't block everything.

You're 80% correct.  In safe mode in 52 and 57 I saw a red button.   In
'normal' (block every goddam ad in existence) all I saw were red
letters, centered.  I missed that when I was scrolling down the first
time looking for an actual button.  I went up to the top and searched
for the word 'survey' and the first link I saw was 'a research survey'
in red in-line text, a few lines above the centered red text.

It's a monumental pain to restart in safe mode just to see a web page. How hard is it to make a button that doesn't trigger adblock extensions?

Many surveys are designed poorly.  Given the nature of the questions, as
well as my difficulty noted above, this is one of them.

--
Cheers, Bev
  A recent psychic fair was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.