Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Thunderbird "Look" Survey

On 17-Jan-2018 09:12, WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/17/18 8:16 AM, Peter wrote:
On 1/17/2018 1:22 AM, B00ze wrote:
Good day.

Well, maybe you'll like it, or maybe you are like me and prefer the
old interface (the older the better, TB2 looked real good). Tell
Thunderbird what you think:

https://www.monterail.com/blog/thunderbird-new-interface-redesign-survey

 Personally, I think the message list in the screenshot is so
spaced-out it will be useless; the calendar "gauge" is just
confusing, and I'm not a big fan of the dark folder list. It looks a
bit like one of Microsoft's crap Apps that come with Windows 10.

Regards,

What "new look"??  I'm using Tb 52.5.2 (32 bit) from the release update channel, on a Win 10 PC, where the Help - About popup page tells me that this version is up to date.  I haven't noticed any change in my GUI for many months.

It is a redesign that the developers want feedback on. Obviously you didn't look at the Monterail design image in the survey.

Note that the new toolbar icons are in the latest Daily builds.

In case you missed the link.

https://www.monterail.com/blog/thunderbird-new-interface-redesign-survey

and if you want to add it to your 52.5.2 now.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/monterail/

I'm not going near this ugly looking thing.
Is this another Mozilla screw-up like Firefox Australis and Quantum?
Sad but I think it's time to abandoned everything coming from Mozilla.

...and yes I have done the survey and let them know exactly what I think of it.