Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Thunderbird "Look" Survey

On 1/16/2018 10:22 PM, B00ze wrote:
> Good day.
>
> Well, maybe you'll like it, or maybe you are like me and prefer the old
> interface (the older the better, TB2 looked real good). Tell Thunderbird
> what you think:
>
> https://www.monterail.com/blog/thunderbird-new-interface-redesign-survey
>
> Personally, I think the message list in the screenshot is so spaced-out
> it will be useless; the calendar "gauge" is just confusing, and I'm not
> a big fan of the dark folder list. It looks a bit like one of
> Microsoft's crap Apps that come with Windows 10.
>
> Regards,

When I tried to submit the completed survey, I got repeated "It's taking
longer than usual to submit your response.  Please leave this page open
and we'll keep trying.  Retrying in xxxs", with the xxx larger at each
repeat of the message.  I quit when xxx indicated 10 minutes.

I made two comments in the survey that I consider significant.

*  I installed Rise of the Tools extension to place the tab bar below
the menu and tool bars, where I think it really belongs.  That is
because much of the menu and tool bars apply to all tabs.  I also
installed the No Glass theme to restore color to the icons in the tool
bar in order to make it easier to find specific buttons.  These two
add-ons effectively restore what was a good user interface in place of
the trashed user interface that was introduced into Thunderbird several
versions ago.

*  A major principle of user interface design requires that users should
not have to relearn how to use the application.  From what I see of the
proposed new user interface, that principle is being violated.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.