Web lists-archives.com

Re: Privacy Badger question

From my understanding, this extension observes the behaviors of scripts on the websites you visit before making a decision on whether they are trackers or not.

So it could possibly be that you have not used the extension long enough.

On 01/10/2018 01:02 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
Caver1 wrote on 1/10/2018 1:18 PM:
On 01/10/2018 02:16 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
I use Privacy Badger with the latest version of FF on a Windows 7
machine. Lately I've noticed that it proclaims the google.com search
pages to have zero(0) trackers! I've noticed also that other notoriously
badly behaving sites are similarly showing no trackers. So my question:
Is the reason for this cosmic observation

1. Google and others have reformed;
2. Google and others have found ways to defeat Privacy Badger; or
3. Currently released Privacy Badger has serious bugs.

I hope this is the right group for this question.

Do you have any other extensions that also block trackers, such as Ghostery, Disconnect.... It's a possibility that there are blocking the trackers before Privacy Badger kicks in so it doesn't see any.

No I don't. In addition to Privacy Badger I only load "Fakespot" which is used to evaluate review quality on Amazon products. Theme is just the builtin stuff that comes with FF and only the three plugins that FF includes.

--
Michael Singh

M: 914-266-0601
W: www.wadadli.me
F: 5E0E FD46 4592 1682 A4B6 5F62 761E 4940 A177 3B38

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting