Web lists-archives.com

Re: Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6

My bloviated meandering follows what Balaco ocalaB graced us with on 1/6/2018 5:39 PM:
Em 06-01-2018 22:36, Sailfish escreveu:
My bloviated meandering follows what Balaco ocalaB graced us with on
1/6/2018 3:12 PM:

Just another reason in a loooong string of reasons that I will *not*
make Chrome my default browser. Actually, I never had, and will never
have that browser installed in any of my computers' partitions.

I'd remove it except for some severe Fx with Print and PDF file support,
as mentioned before.

If I ever have such reasons to want it, I have several things to try *before* trying Chrome:

- Vivaldi;

- Opera;

- Chromium;

- a few other Chromium childs that I will discover at this time. And I think the first of them (the list I already wrote) should have what you point Firefox is not as good.

Have you ever thought about opening a bug in Firefox about that?

Both those issues have had bug reports on them for several years and not solved. I understand that Fx may ditch their buggy pdfjs implementation for Chrome's webkit version but since that will be on Fx57+, which desupported most of my XPCOM extensions (aka addons), I'm stuck on for the foreseeable future.Fx52.xESR.

--
Sailfish