Web lists-archives.com

Re: Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6

Em 06-01-2018 18:48, Sailfish escreveu:
REF:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/4/16805216/google-chrome-only-sites-internet-explorer-6-web-standards

[excerpt quote=\"
*Works best (or only) with Chrome*

Whether you blame Google or the often slow moving World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C), the results have been particularly evident throughout
2017. Google has been at the center of a lot of “works best with Chrome”
messages we’re starting to see appear on the web. Google Meet, Allo,
YouTube TV, Google Earth, and YouTube Studio Beta all block Windows 10’s
default browser, Microsoft Edge, from accessing them and they all point
users to download Chrome instead. Google Meet, Google Earth, and YouTube
TV are also not supported on Firefox with messages to download Chrome.
Google has publicly promised to support Earth on Edge and Firefox, and
the company is “working to bring YouTube TV to more browsers in the
future.”
\" /]

Just another in a long string of reasons that I'll not make Chrome a
default browser.

+1

To say "+1" should be enough, but I want to rewrite your words, and now I will really do it, no copy and paste:

Just another reason in a loooong string of reasons that I will *not* make Chrome my default browser. Actually, I never had, and will never have that browser installed in any of my computers' partitions.