Web lists-archives.com

Re: Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6

On 01/06/2018 02:48 PM, Sailfish wrote:
REF:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/4/16805216/google-chrome-only-sites-internet-explorer-6-web-standards

[excerpt quote=\"
*Works best (or only) with Chrome*

Whether you blame Google or the often slow moving World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C), the results have been particularly evident throughout
2017. Google has been at the center of a lot of “works best with Chrome”
messages we’re starting to see appear on the web. Google Meet, Allo,
YouTube TV, Google Earth, and YouTube Studio Beta all block Windows 10’s
default browser, Microsoft Edge, from accessing them and they all point
users to download Chrome instead. Google Meet, Google Earth, and YouTube
TV are also not supported on Firefox with messages to download Chrome.
Google has publicly promised to support Earth on Edge and Firefox, and
the company is “working to bring YouTube TV to more browsers in the
future.”
\" /]

Just another in a long string of reasons that I'll not make Chrome a
default browser.

Just another reason to avoid Paternalist Monopolistic Invasive Anti-competitive Google.

In decades past there was what was colloquially known as the "Hate Bill Gates Society" due to offensiveness of some Microsoft practices. I was not of that persuasion. My primary objection was that they thought they knew my needs were better than I. In my _personal opinion_, I find Google much more offensive.