Web lists-archives.com

Re: Kernel-memory-leaking Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign

On 1/4/18 12:18 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 01/04/2018 11:50 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/4/18 10:59 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 01/04/2018 10:46 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 03-01-18 19:20:
Em 03-01-2018 16:14, Sailfish escreveu:
REF: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/

[excerpt quote=\"
Crucially, these updates to both Linux and Windows will incur a
performance hit on Intel products. The effects are still being
benchmarked, however we're looking at a ballpark figure of five to 30
per cent slow down, depending on the task and the processor model.
\" /]

What a sucky way to start the new year! :-(

Mine is AMD! :D

You have a similar problem with AMD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howto patch Spectre Vulnerability CVE-2017-5753/CVE-2017-5715 on Linux

Shouldn't a security update be pushed through the Ubuntu update repository?

Notice that for Ubuntu you use apt/apt-get which to my knowledge does get it's updates from the Ubuntu repositories or/and any others you have installed.

That's why I asked.

I get kernels updates without using apt-get.

I got a boatload of updates this morning.

general mailing list