Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT KDE KATE was: [Re: [EUREKA] Re: [Progress] Re: Reorganizing bookmarks - HOW?]

On 01/03/2018 12:07 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/02/2018 10:36 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
<snip>

>>> F1 getst me to:
>>> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/applications/kate/index.html
>>
>> I eventually found that.
>> For those of us without unlimited data, I believe that it can be
>> downloaded as https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/applications/kate/kate.pdf
>> [I've downloaded but not yet read].
>
> Thanks for that. I found on:
> https://docs.kde.org/index.php?language=en&package=applications
>
> (I'm not a KDE guy & only use Kate on occassion.)

>>> See:
>>> <https://kate-editor.org/support/>
>>> also on gmane.org (news.gmane.org):
>>> gmane.comp.kde.devel.kate
>>
>> Not really, gmane died about a year ago.
>
> Try this one instead:
> gmane.comp.kde.devel.kwrite
> Screenshot:
> <https://s10.postimg.org/h6o6wvoe1/Screenshot_from_2018-01-03_10-53-40.png>
>

>> My news server does not list comp.kde.devel.kate .
>> Where can I find it?
>> Is it appropriate list for new users?
>> Can someone verify my problem with the F1 key?
>
> F1 key works fine for me & links to:
> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/applications/kate/index.html
> Set Firefox or similar as your default browser and see if it reacts the
> same.
>
>> If so, where to report?
>
> I suspect that it is related to your distro/SeaMonkey setup. I am using
> Ubuntu 16.04
> $ lsb_release -a
> LSB Version:
> core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
> Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
> Release:	16.04
> Codename:	xenial
> $ echo $GDMSESSION
> gnome-flashback-metacity
>
> Again, try setting Firefox as your default browser & then see if you
> still get a blank browser window with F1.
>
> <snip>

If you are feeling adventurous, you could try with Atom:
https://atom.io/
It's pretty heavy memory/IO but looks to have a lot of nice features.
You can install the pretty-json package:
https://atom.io/packages/pretty-json
- open your bookmarks json file
- select all from the edit menu
- select Pretty JSON from the Packages menu
... give it a moment the the result is:
 <https://s18.postimg.org/49xdqbpdl/Screenshot_from_2018-01-03_18-38-35.png>
Don't ask me any more than that as I've just installed & haven't used
beyond the above.