Web lists-archives.com

Re: subscription

Em 01-01-2018 14:44, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:
Em 01-01-2018 14:13, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 1/1/18 10:58 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 01-01-2018 13:02, Big Al escreveu:
On 01/01/2018 09:52 AM, Richard Alan wrote:
Frank wrote:

On 1/1/2018 9:23 AM, BackwardsBalaco wrote:
What happened here? The steps David said do not work for you?

A question for everyone, including Frank: what is the reason for
not working, if it did not?

When I go to manage subscriptions on either computer those groups
not there. 5's worked and asked me if I wanted to subscribe and that
worked.  Maybe I am missing something but I was stymied.

I suggest you missed David's Step 5, the "Note:" and did not expand
list by clicking on the little right-facing arrow ">" when you got to
"mozilla.support" thus exposing all groups that *begin* with those

Why not just search for it?  There is a filter/search box.  At least
in TB.

Good words! I never usem that. Just to test, I opened the
"subscribe..." menu for my news account and wrote "supp" in the search
field of its dialog. It only found group names with checkboxes!

What did you expect to find?

If the checkbox is filled, then you are subscribed to the newsgroup. If
not checked, then you are not subscribed.

You can either select a newsgroup and activate the Subscribe button, or
place a check mark in the box.

I meant to say that I agreed with you. And that I had not used the
search feature of the "subscribe..." dialog for NNTP accounts in TB,
although that dialog is what I used to subcribe/unsubscribe groups
around here a few times.

"agreed with you" => "agreed with Big Al"

And I wrote a word wrong above: "usem" should have been "used" - a kind
of a typo by my head, but the error looks like understandable.

general mailing list