Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: ctrl opens like this, but I *always* want it like this other

On 12/31/2017 05:21 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
On 12/31/2017 1:02 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 31-12-2017 18:29, Big Al escreveu:
On 12/31/2017 09:22 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 31-12-2017 07:56, Big Al escreveu:
On 12/30/2017 11:02 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
[...]

Drag and drop the url is something I wouldn't normally try (or do). I
will experiment it tomorrou, see how it goes...

(:
You click and hold the very first part of the url bar.  There are all
sorts of icons there, not the http.. part.  As you drag it somewhere
you'll see some sort of indication where you are going to drop it when
you let go of mouse.   It's a learned feature.

Accidental discovery: you can drag the tab itself to the favorite
menu! I was moving some tags when I accidentally left the mouse cursor
over the menu for a moment. The menu opened! After that, I tried to
drag it to bookmarks menu, it showed me a small line at the position
the bookmark will (I assume it will, but I did not complete that) be
created.

Did you know that? Easier to "point" than those info icons near the URL!
Do you use the sidebar?
I find that easy to use.

No. What side bar? How do I make it appear?

In my two main FF profiles, the only thing that appears in a side of the window is the menu with more buttons I can add in the address bar. The fav/hist/... window has a left part, similar to file managers. But you seem to talk about a different thing.

Try this process:  At the top left of your browser look for File, Edit, View, etc. Left click once on "View" you will see a small menu open with some of the following choices. Toolbars, Sidebar, Zoom, etc. With the mouse hover over "Sidebar" and a Context Menu will open for you to select a specific content.  Content like Bookmarks, or History.  Left click on your choice and a sidebar will open on the left side of the browser showing you the content of that selection.  This is supposed to be where you can drag and drop easily.

Michael
You can right click on the toolbar (where the url and other icons are) and pick customize. If you like the side bar you can add that icon to the toolbar and make it easier to turn on/off.