Web lists-archives.com

Re: Changing 'closebox' in FF57/Tree Style Tab

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 12/30/2017 9:10 AM:
On 12/30/2017 09:00 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

<snip />

OK, guys, you asked for it!  This is what I have, and what I want to
change is the X on each tab at the far right of the picture.  I'd also
like to change the color of the tabs themselves.

https://images2.imgbox.com/d9/14/08Pgj46Y_o.png

'Tree Style Tab' is the best of the vertical tab extensions (and the guy
presents snippets to modify it) , but stuff that applies to the default
tab arrangement may or may not also affect the TST tabs.

And, for good measure, this is the way I'd like to see the vertical bookmark function on the left side of the page (it used to have bold fonts, but I can't have that any more for some reason); the FF57 version is much wider and overlays part of the existing page.

https://images2.imgbox.com/1a/78/f4haFsiv_o.png

Some people LIKE to solve problems. I am intensely grateful to those crazy people.

Okay, I see the problem. I hadn't known that you were discussing the Tree Style Tab (TST) add-on. To make style changes to it, userChrome.css probably isn't the right place for Fx57+ but the developer does allow one to add them from within the TST add-on entry within the Add-on Manager. Scroll down to the Advanced section and enter them into the "Extra style rules for sidebar contents". On top of that, there were other problems with the style he provided since the existing style hid the change. So, here is an example of how I was able to change it below. Note: I used \274E instead of \274C so you could more easily see the changes. The nice thing about that is that you should see the style change applied immediately.

/* Replace the close button icon with a Unicode character */
.closebox::before {
	top: 50% !important;
	left: 50% !important;
    content: "\274E" !important;
}
.closebox::after {
	visibility: collapse !important;
}

As far as other style changes to the add-on, here's a link to his stylesheet which should help you on how to make other changes.

https://github.com/piroor/treestyletab/blob/master/webextensions/sidebar/styles/base.css

Finally, Walt's suggestion of including the !important flag is a good one.

Good luck

--
Sailfish