Web lists-archives.com

Firefox: ctrl opens like this, but I *always* want it like this other

Hello. ^,^

This is Firefox ESR 52.2.0.

I have started using FF in this machine not many weeks ago, so I am still finding some of the favorites I had in another computer.

The way FF gives me the add new favorite dialog (it is not a real window, like I would prefer) in a really annoying way.

It gives me this:

Which is really annoying because the folders it gives to me as choices where to put the new favorite are just a very limited set of all the folders I have! Where you see "cultura" written in this screenshot, is the menu with limited options I am talking about.

The path to happiness here, is *not* to click in this almost dialog width menu (for its limited options), but we have to click on the tiny arrow down button to the right of that menu (arrow changes to up when we click it). You can see that arrow positioned in the mouse cursor, and the increased and improved dialog when we click on that, in this other shot:

My first shot did not show the options I got when click on that wider menu. I am lazy to repeat all I already done and uploaded, and will just to write both sets here, so you can compare and (possibly) understand my discontent with FF new add favorite dialog:

CTRL+D dialog has:
   "Fav. bar", "Fav. menu", "Other fav", | , "Choose", | , "cultura",
   "desenvolvimento", "utils", "programas", "fb"

CTRL+D improved dialog has:
   "Fav. bar", "Fav. menu" >
        [several options, each of my folders in "Fav. Menu" set, in a
          order that is *not* obvious for me, not alphabetic (as I want
          and would choose) and is not recently used or changed folder
        ] ,
       "Other fav"

The CTRL+D has too few options! I want all of them, could be 50, I would, at most, want to tolerate scrolling to find each possible one.

The improved dialog still has a limited height, a bit bigger, though, but which still limits how many folders I can see. I wish I could change the height of this dialog, increasing it. (do you know how to? say it, please!)

My question is: how can I make CTRL+D (or bar's star click) always show the bigger dialog and *never* the first and smaller dialog? The answer is *not* to change the dialog to the bigger one and add/change one favorite - the smaller will be the shown one in the next CTRL+D.

My second question, of smaller importance, but with equal value if there is an answer, is: can I just throw away the not-a-window dialog of CTRL+D and make that shortcut bring a window with all possible folders, where I can choose one to add the current page as a favorite?

The menu "Favorites" > "Show favorites" does *not* answer the second question because it has no easy way (or I did not see that) to add the current page in one of the folders there. Further, the window shown with that menu item mixes: history, downloads, tags and favorites in only one window! I want something just for the favorites (and indirectly their tags), and nothing else. Downloads and history are very far and unrelated things, even between themselves. This window (from menu fav>showFav) is something really disappointing in FF.

    If this message and others are off-topic,
    disconsider that part of it, or ask it to be
    moved to another group. If someone replied
    here, my opinion is that there is no problem
    with that - a problem is something that is
    really rare, IMO.
general mailing list