Web lists-archives.com

Re: Changing 'closebox' in FF57/Tree Style Tab

On 12/30/2017 03:37 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 30-12-2017 07:01, Sailfish escreveu:
12/29/2017 11:22 PM:
On 12/29/2017 07:08 PM, Sailfish wrote:
12/29/2017 3:33 PM:
On 12/29/2017 11:23 AM, Sailfish wrote:
12/28/2017 9:43 AM:
The guy offers snippets, many of which work without actually knowing
what I'm doing.  I'm stumped by the syntax of choosing what to
used for
the 'close tab' graphic -- I want it as large as possible.  I like
the
'negative squared cross mark' (U+274C).  The guy's choice does
nothing:

    .closebox::before {
    content: "⨉";
    }

I tried substituting "\274C" for "x", but no joy.

What should I be doing?

<snip />

I.m not completely sure as to which close graphic you want to change

Each tab has an X to click to close that tab.  That's the graphic I
want
to change, and I want as big a graphic as I can put there -- I'm really
bad at aiming mice.

but, assuming you mean only the tabbar tab close graphic, putting the
two styles below in your userChrome.css file should work:

I never want to close the entire tab bar.  Why would anyone want that?

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before {
    content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
    display: none;
}

However, if you want it to replace all close button graphics, e.g.,
Bookmarks sidebar, &c, use this instead

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before, .close-icon::before {
    content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.close-icon  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
    display: none;
}

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but none of these did anything at
all :-(

Lastly, using Unicode characters in CSS requires that you replace the
"U+" prefix with a backslash character.

That's good to know.

REF: https://imgur.com/RAf1dUK

Hmm, I tested them on both Fx52.x and Fx57.x?We are talking about the
close icon on tabs on the tabbar, yes? See link above.

Yes.

Also, you did add them to your profile's chrome/userChrome.css file,
yes?

No, I put them (since they were his)  in the space the Tree Style Tab
guy provided in the preferences for TST.  I'll try that...

One of them put a big X up on the Tree Style Tab label bar across the
top of the vertical tab bar, but that was the only thing that happened.

I give up.  You've wasted too much time on this and so have I.

It seems like you have a different looking tabbar layout than what comes
with vanilla Fx57? If so, then that may be why it's not working ... dunno?

Anyway, it wasn't wasted time for me, it was more of a needed diversion
to take me away from other stuff I'm always wasting my time on.

Continue the posts as much as you want. Just because one person decides
to stop helping, that does not mean others will also do that. And I bet
they will *not*, it will pretty much depend on your interest and need.

OK, guys, you asked for it! This is what I have, and what I want to change is the X on each tab at the far right of the picture. I'd also like to change the color of the tabs themselves.

https://images2.imgbox.com/d9/14/08Pgj46Y_o.png

'Tree Style Tab' is the best of the vertical tab extensions (and the guy presents snippets to modify it) , but stuff that applies to the default tab arrangement may or may not also affect the TST tabs.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Let them eat shit."