Web lists-archives.com

Re: Changing 'closebox' in FF57/Tree Style Tab

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 12/29/2017 3:33 PM:
On 12/29/2017 11:23 AM, Sailfish wrote:
12/28/2017 9:43 AM:
The guy offers snippets, many of which work without actually knowing
what I'm doing.  I'm stumped by the syntax of choosing what to used for
the 'close tab' graphic -- I want it as large as possible.  I like the
'negative squared cross mark' (U+274C).  The guy's choice does nothing:

    .closebox::before {
    content: "⨉";
    }

I tried substituting "\274C" for "x", but no joy.

What should I be doing?

<snip />

I.m not completely sure as to which close graphic you want to change

Each tab has an X to click to close that tab. That's the graphic I want to change, and I want as big a graphic as I can put there -- I'm really bad at aiming mice.

but, assuming you mean only the tabbar tab close graphic, putting the
two styles below in your userChrome.css file should work:

I never want to close the entire tab bar.  Why would anyone want that?

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before {
    content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
    display: none;
}

However, if you want it to replace all close button graphics, e.g.,
Bookmarks sidebar, &c, use this instead

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before, .close-icon::before {
    content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.close-icon  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
    display: none;
}

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but none of these did anything at all :-(

Lastly, using Unicode characters in CSS requires that you replace the
"U+" prefix with a backslash character.

That's good to know.

REF: https://imgur.com/RAf1dUK

Hmm, I tested them on both Fx52.x and Fx57.x? We are talking about the close icon on tabs on the tabbar, yes? See link above.

Also, you did add them to your profile's chrome/userChrome.css file, yes?

--
Sailfish