Web lists-archives.com

Re: changing eMail hosts

On 12/28/2017, 5:38:09 PM, T <ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/28/2017 08:05 AM, Disaster Master wrote:

>>> Last time I did this, Thunderbird did update everything back to the server.

>> No, it didn't, that would be impossible without user intervention.
>>
>> Your account was likely set up as a POP3 account, so the messages were
>> stored locally, not on the server.

> Then I obviously hallucinated it.

Possible...

> And I hallucinated the part about "Keep messages for this account on
> this computer."

Which will never, ever, sync locally stored messages BACK to a server.
It is a one way sync - server to your computer. If you point this
account to a new server, all locally stored messages will be replaced
with whatever is on the new server the very first sync to the new server.

> Oh well, that what I get for going off my meds.

Or for being on them in the first place. 'Meds' in this context are for
those unwilling to take responsibility for their own health.