Web lists-archives.com

Re: changing eMail hosts

On 12/28/2017, 5:38:09 PM, T <ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/28/2017 08:05 AM, Disaster Master wrote:

>>> Last time I did this, Thunderbird did update everything back to the server.

>> No, it didn't, that would be impossible without user intervention.
>> Your account was likely set up as a POP3 account, so the messages were
>> stored locally, not on the server.

> Then I obviously hallucinated it.

> And I hallucinated the part about "Keep messages for this account on
> this computer."

Which will never, ever, sync locally stored messages BACK to a server.
It is a one way sync - server to your computer. If you point this
account to a new server, all locally stored messages will be replaced
with whatever is on the new server the very first sync to the new server.

> Oh well, that what I get for going off my meds.

Or for being on them in the first place. 'Meds' in this context are for
those unwilling to take responsibility for their own health.
general mailing list