Web lists-archives.com

Re: Changing 'closebox' in FF57/Tree Style Tab

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 12/28/2017 9:43 AM:
The guy offers snippets, many of which work without actually knowing what I'm doing. I'm stumped by the syntax of choosing what to used for the 'close tab' graphic -- I want it as large as possible. I like the 'negative squared cross mark' (U+274C). The guy's choice does nothing:

    .closebox::before {
    content: "⨉";
    }

What should I be doing?

<snip />

I.m not completely sure as to which close graphic you want to change but, assuming you mean only the tabbar tab close graphic, putting the two styles below in your userChrome.css file should work:

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before {
	content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
	display: none;
}

However, if you want it to replace all close button graphics, e.g., Bookmarks sidebar, &c, use this instead

/* Insert the content below before the "close" graphic */
.tab-close-button::before, .close-icon::before {
	content: "\274C";
}

/* Hide the "close" graphic */
.close-icon  > .toolbarbutton-icon {
	display: none;
}

Lastly, using Unicode characters in CSS requires that you replace the "U+" prefix with a backslash character.

--
Sailfish