Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 45.9 ESFR Continues to install new version.

Em 29-12-2017 02:48, Michael Gordon escreveu:
Hello fellow Firefox Users,

I am probably in the wrong place, but this is all I could find.

Hello. (:

You are in mozilla.general newsgroup (or in the mirrored mailing list for that newsgroup!), which is fine for your question. There is also the mozilla.support.firefox group, but that is moderated. I had problems there, here is better. You should find the answer you need here - as I have done I couple of times. Just be patient.

I have no ideas about your problem, unfortunately. What you said you have done, changed the FF settings to never look for updates, was what I would have done to stop the automatic updates. I am using Firefox 52.2.0 ESR with *no updates* ever done. This version has a few problems to me, but it is almost fine, so I did not look for a previous version (and will not do it so soon, FF developers are doing some bad changes in the current beta versions and most recent releases; maybe situation will change in 2019, but you will hear about browsers created from "FF good versions", it may be good to try them a bit: PaleMoon and others (I am not a good person to remember all the other browser names, but go reading other thread here and in mozilla.support.firefox too and you will see the magic names).

    If this message and others are off-topic,
    disconsider that part of it, or ask it to be
    moved to another group. If someone replied
    here, my opinion is that there is no problem
    with that - a problem is something that is
    really rare, IMO.
general mailing list