Web lists-archives.com

Re: changing eMail hosts

On 12/28/2017 08:05 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 12/27/2017, 8:21:16 PM, T <ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:
On 12/27/2017 09:40 AM, dillinger wrote:
You realize that Thunderbirds local cache of IMAP messages is not a
backup, it will happily delete all messages if you replace the server
with a new (empty) server.

Last time I did this, Thunderbird did update everything back to the server.

No, it didn't, that would be impossible without user intervention.

Your account was likely set up as a POP3 account, so the messages were
stored locally, not on the server.

Then I obviously hallucinated it.  And I hallucinated the
part about "Keep messages for this account on this computer."

Oh well, that what I get for going off my meds.

:'(