Web lists-archives.com

Changing 'closebox' in FF57/Tree Style Tab

The guy offers snippets, many of which work without actually knowing what I'm doing. I'm stumped by the syntax of choosing what to used for the 'close tab' graphic -- I want it as large as possible. I like the 'negative squared cross mark' (U+274C). The guy's choice does nothing:

	.closebox::before {
	content: "⨉";
	}

What should I be doing?

Change close button style #1564

.closebox::before {
  /*
    There are some possible characters for this purpose:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_mark
    - X: upper case X
      * Too narrow
    - ×: U+00D7 MULTIPLICATION SIGN (z notation Cartesian product)
      * Too small on macOSX
    - ╳: U+2573 BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT DIAGONAL CROSS
      * Too large on Ubuntu
    - ☓ : U+2613 SALTIRE (St Andrew's Cross)
      * Narrow a little on Windows and macOS
    - ✕: U+2715 MULTIPLICATION X
      * Too small on macOSX
    - ✖: U+2716 HEAVY MULTIPLICATION X
      * Too small on macOSX
    - ❌ : U+274C CROSS MARK
      * Colored on macOS
    - ❎ : U+274E NEGATIVE SQUARED CROSS MARK
      * Colored on macOS
      * Box around the mark is unnecessary
    - ⨉ : U+2A09 N-ARY TIMES OPERATOR
    - ⨯: U+2A2F VECTOR OR CROSS PRODUCT
      * Too small on macOSX
    - 🗙: U+1F5D9 CANCELLATION X
      * Unavailable on macOSX
    - 🗴 : U+1F5F4 BALLOT SCRIPT X
      * Unavailable on macOSX
    - 🞩: U+1F7A9 LIGHT SALTIRE
      * Unavailable on macOSX
So ⨉ (U+2A09) looks good for me on Windows, macOS, and Linux (tested on Ubuntu).
  */
  content: "⨉";
}