Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird Will Phase out Legacy Add-Ons, Will Support WebExtensions

On 12/26/2017 11:19 AM, Caver1 wrote:

I read a post/blog a week or so ago that said Mozilla was going to adopt the new webextensions but also leave support for legacy. Contrary to this news article.

I'm hoping for the 'keep support for legacy' at least for a year or so.

But I agree with the 'there goes thunderbird' idea since webextensions make it much harder if not impossible to modify the program as much as legacy add-ons did. So much more complex add-ons will die a sure death.

general mailing list