Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

On 12/23/2017 1:40 PM On a whim, Mr. Ed pounded out on the keyboard

On 12/22/17 1:07 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2017 8:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2017 7:51 PM, Terry wrote:
On 12/21/2017 5:11 AM On a whim, Frank pounded out on the keyboard

MS pestering to make some sort of change with apps and the like that
takes some time to do.  I turned it off and thought I'd ask here if
others have done it and whether or not it is worth it.

Thanks,
Frank

What version of 10 are you running? The Fall Creators update 1709 is
the most current. Each build update is like a Service Pack update of
Windows as we used to know it.  So in those updates, features are
added and internal changes are done. Those are twice a year. In
between those are just security patches.

Terry
It's 1703.  Guess next time they ask I'll let them do it.

Did the update.  Took 2.5 hours.  Does nothing extra I want.  I was
confused between the standard security one which happens frequently
and this one.  Nice to learn new things.

Took 35 minutes.  Can't tell if it's any better, but Windows Defender is
giving errors with DLL problems.  MS knows about the problem.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
  testify against himself!"      Mister Ed

Interesting. Haven't had that issue come up. See if this link doesn't help.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender/5df86e81-a137-434f-a4cc-2d7672d753d7