Web lists-archives.com

Re: A New Future for Thunderbird

On 12/16/2017 7:47 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 12/16/2017, 5:46:46 AM, Desiree <melelina@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, and rightly so as Mozilla is violating the ADA (and even worse violations for those who are blind).

The ADA is just more unconstitutional government overreach - as is 95%
of what the federal government does these days.

By all means, use all the social pressure you want, but there is NO
Constitutionally delegated authority for this kind of government coercion.

I require Windowblinds in order to use a computer with Windows 8 or
10.
Why?

Microsoft is also to blame as the same monitor used with XP Pro gives
black font but on Windows 8 and 10 it can only provide gray font.
This is problem for many who use desktops with Windows 8/10.
Or its a DRIVER problem (almost certainly).

Get a newer computer with supported hardware, or stop whining.

Err??? The problem with gray font instead of black is in Windows 8 AND 10. Only Microsoft can fix the problem and they acknowledge the problem but say they will never fix it. So I don't know what you mean by "supported hardware". It's a SOFTWARE problem.

But good news is that I got the screen painting problem FIXED after reading that extremely long bugzilla thread (going on three years now but still a VERY active bug) regarding the same sort of issue in Firefox. I had to change a DEFAULT Thunderbird 52.5 setting in about:config from FALSE to user set TRUE. Instant fix.