Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

Terry schreef op 23/12/2017 om 19:39:
On 12/22/2017 10:07 AM On a whim, Frank pounded out on the keyboard

On 12/21/2017 8:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2017 7:51 PM, Terry wrote:
On 12/21/2017 5:11 AM On a whim, Frank pounded out on the keyboard

MS pestering to make some sort of change with apps and the like that
takes some time to do.  I turned it off and thought I'd ask here if
others have done it and whether or not it is worth it.

What version of 10 are you running? The Fall Creators update 1709 is
the most current. Each build update is like a Service Pack update of
Windows as we used to know it.  So in those updates, features are
added and internal changes are done. Those are twice a year. In
between those are just security patches.

It's 1703.  Guess next time they ask I'll let them do it.

Did the update.  Took 2.5 hours.  Does nothing extra I want.  I was
confused between the standard security one which happens frequently and
this one.  Nice to learn new things.

Since Windows 10 is the "last Windows version", all upgrades will be applied using the Feature Updates. On most machines I admin, the update took about an hour. I've liked some features (like being able to turn off Background Apps with one slider button instead of having to check each one individually, since I turn ALL of them off on user machines). Others, like you found, really don't matter much.

I have no problem with that under Window XP7

general mailing list