Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

On 12/22/17 1:07 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2017 8:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2017 7:51 PM, Terry wrote:
On 12/21/2017 5:11 AM On a whim, Frank pounded out on the keyboard

MS pestering to make some sort of change with apps and the like that
takes some time to do.  I turned it off and thought I'd ask here if
others have done it and whether or not it is worth it.

What version of 10 are you running? The Fall Creators update 1709 is the most current. Each build update is like a Service Pack update of Windows as we used to know it.  So in those updates, features are added and internal changes are done. Those are twice a year. In between those are just security patches.

It's 1703.  Guess next time they ask I'll let them do it.

Did the update.  Took 2.5 hours.  Does nothing extra I want.  I was confused between the standard security one which happens frequently and this one.  Nice to learn new things.

Took 35 minutes.  Can't tell if it's any better, but Windows Defender is giving errors with DLL problems.  MS knows about the problem.

"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed
general mailing list