Web lists-archives.com

Re: Expired articles

On 12/21/2017 4:45 PM, Terry wrote:
> On 12/21/2017 6:33 AM On a whim, Ed Mullen pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
>> the message:
>>
>> "Error!
>> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>>
>> Perhaps the article has expired
>>
>> <k7-dnU90iaIeP6bHnZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>  (109723)
>>
>> Click here to remove all expired articles "
>>

> In the support groups? I thought there was a time limitation on them.
> Don't know about general though...

My replies in mozilla.support.seamonkey were "expiring" less than a day
after I posted them.  I suspect someone was playing moderator in a
newsgroup that is supposedly not moderated.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.