Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

On 12/19/2017 11:04 PM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard

Ed Mullen wrote:
On 12/19/2017 at 8:59 AM, Wolf K created this epitome of digital genius:
On 2017-12-19 03:42, Daniel wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
On 12/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, Daniel created this epitome of digital
Terry wrote:
On 12/16/2017 12:56 AM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard

Daniel wrote:
Look out, Terry!! Comments like that might get you black-banned!! ;-P

"black-banned"!! Can we still say that now-a-days?? ;-)

I think the phrase you were going for is "black-balled."

You're probably right, Ed, but in general usage there is also

(If my typing has just gone a bit wonky, please excuse me, but I've
just suffered a whole-house/whole-suburb power-failure!!)
Sounds like Australia-only to me. Never heard or saw that phrase until
you used it.
Ditto. Never heard it before.  Oh well, two countries separated by a
common language!  :-D

Black-balled and Black-banned in fairly common usage here in Aus!! I
wonder if it might be an Eng-U.S. thing!

I thought you were using an Aussie term...
general mailing list